Adult Swimfit Squad
Waverely Adult Swim Fit Squad - see you in October 2017.
Train in a motivating group environment for triathlons, open water swims and general health and fitness. Improve your cardiovascular conditioning, and local muscular endurance and swimming power.
Each session, we will take you through a program utilizing various rep and distance interval combinations, adding pace and stroke length challenges. We cover between 2.5km and 3 km in an hour session,
operating 4 lanes of differing speeds and abilities.
All Swim Fit squads are Waverley College, Birrell Street.
Saturdays, 8-9 am
- Start - Saturday 7th October, 2017
Mondays and Wednesday, 6-7pm,
- Start - Monday 9th October, 2017
Approx Lane times:
Lane 1 1 min 20s - 1 min 30 s / 100m
Lane 2 1 min 30 s - 1 min 45 s / 100m
Lane 3 1 min 45 s - 2 mins / 100m
Lane 4 2 mins - 2 mins 20 s / 100m
Who is the SWIMFIT squad for?
- You enjoy a group training environment for increased motivation and accountability
- You would like to enter, or improve your performance in a triathlon or ocean swim
- You would like use swimming in a regular fitness program
What you will learn in SwimFit squad session
- Learn to read the pace clock
- How to pace your swims over different distances
- Learn how to apply alternative metrics to ‘time’ for deeper understanding of pace ie. stroke length, and tempo