Adult Swimfit Squad
Waverely Adult SwimFit Squads
Train in a motivating group environment for triathlons, open water swims and general health and fitness. Improve your cardiovascular conditioning, local muscular endurance and swim speed.
Saturdays, 8-9 am
Start - Sat 7th October, 2017
Mondays and Wednesday, 6-7pm,
Start - Mon 9th October, 2017
Each session, we will take you through a program utilizing various rep and distance interval combinations, adding pace and stroke length challenges. We cover between 2.5km and 3 km in an hour session,
operating 4 lanes of differing speeds and abilities.
Approx Lane times:
Lane 1 1 min 20s - 1 min 30 s / 100m
Lane 2/3 1 min 30 s - 1 min 45 s / 100m
Lane 4 1 min 45 s - 2 mins / 100m
Lane 5 2 mins - 2 mins 20 s / 100m
Who is the SWIMFIT squad for?
- You enjoy a group training environment for increased motivation and accountability
- You would like to enter, or improve your performance in a triathlon or ocean swim
- You would like use swimming in a regular fitness program
What you will learn in SwimFit squad session
- Learn to read the pace clock
- How to pace your swims over different distances
- Learn how to apply alternative metrics to ‘time’ for deeper understanding of pace ie. stroke length, and tempo
What will you take away?
- The ability to swim smarter, better and faster.
- Improved neuro-muscular and metabolic conditioning.