First Strokes Beginner Freestyle Program
First Strokes Swimming Program will transform how you feel in the water as a novice swimmer.
All programs are currently full, Autumn/Winter dates will be posted soon!
This is a swimming program for the beginner swimmer, who needs to build a more confident relationship with the water, improve their basic swimming skills and movement pattern awareness.
The program will help you relax and enjoy being in the water. You will work through a set of progressive drills that move towards constructing an easy basic freestyle stroke and be able to confidently swim your first 10m – 25m! You'll then be ready for Total Immersion Level 1.0 Effortless Endurance program.
Who is First Strokes for?
- You’re a beginner, with basic water skills and confidence
- You would like to overcome the feeling panic and lack of control when you put your face in the water
- You can swim breast stroke, and want to gain the skills and know how to proceed to freestyle
- You’re able to swim basic freestyle but have difficulty coordinating your movements, and are exhausted after just a few strokes
What you will learn in First Strokes swimming lessons
- How to float with ease, and relax in the water
- How to control your breath, and remain calm when in the water
- How to apply the basics of balance, core stability and rotation to swimming
- Simple drills that will improve how you relate to the water
At the end of the First Strokes program you will
- Be able to swim your first strokes with confidence and ease
- Be comfortable and confident in the water
- Feel in control, and calm and relaxed when swimming