Adult Swimfit Squad
Waverely Adult SwimFit Squads - Season starts Saturday 13 October, 2018
Improve cardiovascular conditioning, local muscular endurance and swim speed for triathlons, open water swims and general health and fitness, by training in a motivating group environment.
Saturday, 8-9 am, starting Sat 13th October, 2018
Monday and Wednesday, 6-7 pm starting Mon 15th October, 2018
Each session, we will take you through a program utilizing various rep and distance interval combinations, adding pace and stroke length challenges. We cover between 2.5km and 3 km in an hour session, operating 7 lanes of differing speeds and abilities.
Approx Lane times:
Lane 1/2 > 1 min 30 s / 100m
Lane 3/4 1 min 30 s - 1 min 45 s / 100m
Lane 5/6 1 min 45 s - 2 mins / 100m
Lane 7 2 mins - 2 mins 20 s / 100m
Who is the SWIMFIT squad for?
- You enjoy a group training environment for increased motivation and accountability
- You would like to enter, or improve your performance in a triathlon or ocean swim
- You would like use swimming in a regular fitness program
What you will learn in SwimFit squad session
- Learn to read the pace clock
- How to pace your swims over different distances
- Learn how to apply alternative metrics to ‘time’ for deeper understanding of pace ie. stroke length, and tempo
What will you take away?
- The ability to swim smarter, better and faster.
- Improved neuro-muscular and metabolic conditioning.