Bondi Adult Swimfit Squad
SwimFit Squads are currently suspended due to CoVID19 regulations.
We are putting together a 3 month plan of alternative activities, to keep our SWIMLAB community focussed and connected, inspired and educated; including Q & A sessions, video analysis, dryland stretch, strength and stability workouts.
Connect with us on the following channels
Stay well, safe and connected.
Bondi Adult SwimFit Squads
Train with us for your swim events this season! Improve cardiovascular conditioning, local muscular endurance and swim speed for ocean swims triathlons, cross-fit events and general health and fitness.
Each session, we will take you through a program utilizing various rep, distance and effort level combinations, adding pace and stroke length challenges. We cover between 2.5km and 3 km in an hour session, operating 8 lanes of differing speeds and abilities, in a focussed, fun and motivating group environment.
Pre - requisite: Swimmers must be able to swim 400m in 9 mins (in 50m pool); swimmers slower than this are recommended to do Stroke Correction or Squad Starter Program
Approx Lane times:
Lane 1/2 > 1 min 30 s - 1 min 40s / 100m
Lane 3/4 1 min 40 s - 1 min 50 s / 100m
Lane 5/6 1 min 50 s - 2 mins / 100m
Lane 7/8 2 mins - 2 mins 15 s / 100m
Who is the SWIMFIT squad for?
- You enjoy a group training environment for increased motivation and accountability
- You would like to enter, or improve your performance in a triathlon or ocean swim
- You would like use swimming in a regular fitness program
What you will learn in SwimFit squad session
- Learn to read the pace clock
- How to pace your swims over different distances
- Learn how to apply alternative metrics to ‘time’ for deeper understanding of pace ie. stroke length, and tempo
What will you take away?
- The ability to swim smarter, better and faster.
- Improved neuro-muscular and metabolic conditioning.