Bondi Adult Swimfit Squad
Dear Swimlab SwimFit Community
Our Summer Swim Squads are nearly at capacity!
Mon 4 Jan - Wed 31 Mar
Mon and Wed 6-7pm ONLY
Fri will re-commence in Feb
We will await further instructions from Waverley College on Term time operations.
Bondi Adult SwimFit Squads
Improve cardiovascular conditioning, local muscular endurance and swim speed for ocean swims triathlons, cross-fit events and general health and fitness.
Term 4 starts with some COVID restrictions on pool use. Squads will take the following format
15 mins dry land - swim specific stretch and strength
BYO mat, resistance bands will be provided
50 mins pool
Each session, we will take you through a program utilizing various rep, distance and effort level combinations, adding pace and stroke length challenges. We cover between 2km -3km in an hour session, operating 8 lanes of differing speeds and abilities, in a focussed, fun and motivating group environment.
Pre - requisite: Swimmers must be able to swim 400m in 9 mins (in 50m pool); swimmers slower than this are recommended to do Beginner Squad
Payment options (no entry fee to pool)
Approx Lane times:
Lane 1/2 > 1 min 30 s - 1 min 40s / 100m
Lane 3/4 1 min 40 s - 1 min 50 s / 100m
Lane 5/6 1 min 50 s - 2 mins / 100m
Lane 7/8 2 mins - 2 mins 15 s / 100m
Who is the SWIMFIT squad for?
- You enjoy a group training environment for increased motivation and accountability
- You would like to enter, or improve your performance in a triathlon or ocean swim
- You would like use swimming in a regular fitness program
What you will learn in SwimFit squad session
- Learn to read the pace clock
- How to pace your swims over different distances
- Learn how to apply alternative metrics to ‘time’ for deeper understanding of pace ie. stroke length, and tempo
What will you take away?
- The ability to swim smarter, better and faster.
- Improved neuro-muscular and metabolic conditioning.