First Strokes Beginner Freestyle Program
First Strokes Swimming Program will transform how you feel in the water as a novice swimmer.
First Stroke's swimming programs are for the beginner to intermediate swimmer, who need to build a more confident relationship with the water, improve their basic swimming skills and movement pattern awareness.
Program 1: Sat 5, 12, 19 Jan 9.30 - 10.10 am: and Sat 2, 9, 16 Feb 10.45 - 11.25 am - 3 places left
6 x 40 min sessions
Program 2: Sat 5, 12, 19 Jan. 10.15 - 10.55 am and Sat 2, 9, 16 Feb 11.30 am - 12.10 pm - 3 places left
6 x 40 min sessions
(no session Sat 26 Jan)
$280 incl GST - Book now
The program will help you relax and enjoy being in the water. You will work through a set of progressive drills that move towards constructing an easy basic freestyle stroke and be able to confidently swim your first 10m – 25m!
You'll then be ready for Total Immersion Level 1.0 Effortless Endurance program.
"......my stroke is getting better; with time it feels more natural and easy. Last night in class, I swam 25 m straight with breathing, including swimming in the deeper section of pool, which felt like biggest achievement ever. I would previously have panicked, a lot, but have now overcome my fears.
Who is First Strokes for?
- You’re a beginner, with basic water skills and confidence
- You would like to overcome the feeling panic and lack of control when you put your face in the water
- You can swim breast stroke, and want to gain the skills and know how to proceed to freestyle
- You’re able to swim basic freestyle but have difficulty coordinating your movements, and are exhausted after just a few strokes
What you will learn in First Strokes swimming lessons
- How to float with ease, and relax in the water
- How to control your breath, and remain calm when in the water
- How to apply the basics of balance, core stability and rotation to swimming
- Simple drills that will improve how you relate to the water
At the end of the First Strokes program you will
- Be able to swim your first strokes with confidence and ease
- Be comfortable and confident in the water
- Feel in control, and calm and relaxed when swimming