Beginner Freestyle Program Series
Dear Swimlab Community
All current Beginner Series Programs are full! We are working on more dates for Spring!
Swimlab Beginner Freestyle Series will transform how you feel in the water as a novice swimmer, taking swimmers from their first 25m to their first 1km!
First Strokes Beginner I
Gives you the best foundation to start your swimming journey, develop water confidence and enjoyment, as you learn simple movement patterns to construct your First Strokes, and swim your first 25m
Pre - req. able to swim less than 25m, max 4 per group, $299 incl GST
Progressive Freestyle II
Consolidates and improve’s your basic freestyle stroke. Learn skills and drills that develop your whole stroke, breathing confidence and ability to swim longer distance with ease, and swim your first 100m
Pre - req. able to swim 25m, max 4 per group, $299 incl GST
Squad Starter III
Add progressive challenge to your swimming to ensure continuous improvement; the program offers a skill refresher and introduces the swimmer to conditioning sets and ‘training for gain’, swimming your first 1km
Pre-req. able to swim 100m, max 6 per group, $199 incl GST
Programs Include: Complimentary swim cap, pre course material, online community, training video's, before and after video's, skill practice cheat sheet, practice sessions, endurance builder training programs
Swimmers who are able to swim 50m unaided freestyle, are ready for Total Immersion Level 1.0 Effortless Endurance!
"......my stroke is getting better; with time it feels more natural and easy. Last night in class, I swam 25 m straight with breathing, including swimming in the deeper section of pool, which felt like biggest achievement ever. I would previously have panicked, a lot, but have now overcome my fears.
Who is Beginner Series for?
- You’re a beginner, with basic water skills and confidence
- You would like to overcome the feeling panic and lack of control when trying to swim
- You’re able to swim basic freestyle but have difficulty coordinating your movements, getting exhausted and breathless after short distance’s
- Desire to swim longer distance’s without tiring, in order to achieve swimming goals
What you will learn through the Beginner Series?
- ‘How’ to practice and ‘what’ to practice for the biggest gains
- How to control and manage your breath, to remain calm when in the water
- How to apply the basics of balance, core stability and rotation to build your stroke
- Simple drills and sequences that will improve how you relate to the water
At the end of the Beginner Series
- Be able to swim your first strokes with confidence and ease
- Feel in control, and calm and relaxed when swimming
- Move through progressions that build your swimming from 0 – 1km