First Strokes Beginner Freestyle Program
First Strokes Beginner Freestyle will transform how you feel in the water as a novice swimmer.
First Strokes will help the novice adult swimmer build a more confident relationship with the water. Learn how to improve your basic swimming skills and movement pattern awareness to feel calmer and enjoy the water more. Groups are a maximum of 4 swimmers and our coach is IN the water with you, giving demo's of the sequence, offering hands on support and correction for a safe and enjoyable learning experience.
The program will help you relax and enjoy being in the water. You will work through a set of progressive drills that move towards constructing an easy basic freestyle stroke and be able to confidently swim your first 25m and beyond!
First Strokes Beginner
NCIE Redfern (quiet, well heated to 32 deg)
Tuesday's 20, 27 Aug; 3, 10, 17, 24 Sept, 2019
Group 1 6.30 - 7.10 pm SOLD OUT
Group 2 7.10 - 7.50 pm SOLD OUT
Tuesday's 29 Oct; 5, 12, 19, 26 Nov; 3 Dec 2019
Group 1 6.30 - 7.10 pm
Group 2 7.10 - 7.50 pm
$299 incl GST Enrol now
Includes: Complimentary swim cap, pre course material, Facebook support group, Training Video's, Before and After Above video's, Skill Practice Cheat Sheet
- Unable to swim more than 10m
- Struggles to coordinate arm and leg movements that make freestyle feel easy
- Limited knowledge, or ability to fit breathing into the stroke
- Gets breathless and has to stand up after short efforts
- May have already completed Beginner First Strokes with Swimlab, or another Beginner program, and need to consolidate and repeat basic confidence building skills again
Swimmers who are able to swim 50m unaided freestyle, are ready for Total Immersion Level 1.0 Effortless Endurance!
"......my stroke is getting better; with time it feels more natural and easy. Last night in class, I swam 25 m straight with breathing, including swimming in the deeper section of pool, which felt like biggest achievement ever. I would previously have panicked, a lot, but have now overcome my fears.
Who is First Strokes for?
- You’re a beginner, with basic water skills and confidence
- You would like to overcome the feeling panic and lack of control when you put your face in the water
- You can swim breast stroke, and want to gain the skills and know how to proceed to freestyle
- You’re able to swim basic freestyle but have difficulty coordinating your movements, and are exhausted after just a few strokes
What you will learn in First Strokes swimming lessons
- How to float with ease, and relax in the water
- How to control your breath, and remain calm when in the water
- How to apply the basics of balance, core stability and rotation to swimming
- Simple drills that will improve how you relate to the water
At the end of the First Strokes program you will
- Be able to swim your first strokes with confidence and ease
- Be comfortable and confident in the water
- Feel in control, and calm and relaxed when swimming